Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Corinne's Baptism and Worthy 07

Worthy 07 - the Covenant Life Youth Ministry Retreat is held every year at Sandy Cove on the Chesapeake Bay. It's a beautiful setting. Even better, God is there! Each year our church's outstanding team of youth pastors lead our youth in learning about a Holy, Awesome God. This year's theme was - RETRO, back to the Cross! Corinne studied and talked with us over the summer about baptism... reflecting on the cross, and her commitment to follow Christ all the days of her life ... and so this year at the retreat, she joined 11 other youth that were baptized. Professing her faith
Ready!
"Giver of every breath I breathe, Author of all eternity, Giver of every perfect thing, To You be the glory. Maker of Heaven and of Earth, No one can comprehend Your worth, King over all the universe,
To You be the glory!"
"And I am alive because I’m alive in You. It’s all because of Jesus I’m alive. It’s all because the blood of Jesus Christ. That covers me and raised this dead man’s life. It’s all because of Jesus I'm alive!"
Joy!
Prayer
Don, Corinne and our awesome youth pastor - Matt Maka This was Kendall's first Worthy Youth Retreat ... I think I could sum her experience up with one word ... excellent! She had a great time rooming with her best buddy Janelle and her mom Jean and Rachel and her mom Kathy. Thank you ladies for letting her snore with you! After the baptism, the Admin team put together a huge game of dodge ball - youth vs. parents and pastors. Okay, let me tell you how glad I was that I had my camera ... it was a great excuse, I mean reason to be a spectator! Kendall got right into the game! Dave Brewer heads up the team of youth pastors. As you can see this fearless leader had no problem whipping the balls at the youth - can you say c-o-m-p-e-t-i-t-i-v-e!
I think right about now Kendall was trying to bargain her way out of a jam.
And these three pastors weren't hearing any of it!This ministry is filled with the most outstanding youth!
"It’s all because of Jesus I’m alive. It’s all because the blood of Jesus Christ, That covers me and raised this dead man’s life, It’s all because of Jesus. Every sunrise sings Your praise, The universe cries out Your praise, I’m singing freedom all my days, Now that I’m alive. I’m alive, I’m alive, I’m alive."
All because of Jesus I’m alive.
Casting Crowns ... Written by Steve Fee

Covenant Life Church's 10:31 Youth Ministry (www.grow.covlife.org/1031)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love that picture, Mrs. Glab! I don't even remember it being taken!? HaHa...love your blog, its so fun!