Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baseball's last game at RFK Stadium

RFK Stadium in D.C. - We've enjoyed many Washington National baseball games at the stadium. Today was the Nats last day at the stadium. They beat Philly 5-3 - way to go!

The stadium ... The fans...
The players ...Memories ...
“Take me out to the ball game, take me out with the crowd; Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don't care if I never get back. Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don't win, it's a shame. For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, at the old ball game.”

The unofficial anthem of baseball by Jack Norworth written in 1908

See ya at the new stadium next spring - GO NATS!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Very useful information. I had no idea! Great pictures too! Oh what wonderful memories you are making.

Jean said...

so close and yet so far! I was very sad to miss you on Sunday. we were right below you with our bunch of fellow NATS fans. can't wait until next year!

michele and girls said...

thank you glabs for the way you blessed us and i am sure- so many others- you are a wonderful example!