Thursday, September 20, 2007

CLS x-country team

The x-country team is brand spanking new at Covenant Life School this year. A new team, a new course, and a new coach … it’s all new to rookies Kendall and Corinne. The course is tough, the training is hard, the weather has been hot … but they have persevered! “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.” 1Corinthians 9:24-27 Matt giving it his all to win the guys race - well done!
Janelle keeping up with the lead runner for the gals
Ben and Aaron coming in for the final stretch The boys team won the competition, the gals had second overall - great job for their very first meet!
An initiation dunk Thanks Doc for cleaning up the course
The Coach ... Todd Keeler
(if you followed our summer trip, you’ll remember Todd and Leanne and their family from Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs)
A tired fan Good Luck X-Country Cougars!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great update! I love the pictures! Even more.....we love your girls on the team.

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! Hey, do you have the ones from last caregroup? I would love them! my email is chicitabonita247@gmail.com-lame, I know...see you tomorrow!

a.smith said...

Okay so you're following in your dad's footsteps right? Well done- you chica's are inspiring. Who knows maybe I'll get sucked into this distance running thing too (but don't hold your breathe over it) =P

-Anna (now Smith)