Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tumble, Fall ... and a Pink Cast for Christiana

Hi ... Christiana here ... I was outside at recess on Friday, and I was running on the black top and just when I was about to finish a mile ... all of a sudden I tripped and fell!Mommy came and we went to see Dr. Niu (he's the best - we got there right at his lunch break) and then we went to get an x-ray which showed I had a buckle fracture ... then we couldn't find a bone doctor (orthopedic) that could see us before TUESDAY ... so we stopped and prayed, and called my friend Evelyn's mom (she's needed a bone doctor before too!) We saw Dr. Murphy (thank you Aunt Jean for the recommendation) and made it home before dinner! I was very tired, my arm was hurting, and I was very hungry (that's why mommy picked the rumbly in my tumbly song from Pooh! :) When Daddy got home, everyone signed my cast - he signed it the biggest!So... I've been resting and taking it easy this weekend, and I have a new bright pink cast for the next four weeks. I'm not sure how all of this writing is going to work, but we'll figure it out! And, it's a little itchy but the doctor said if it itches to tap it with a spoon! Isn't that a silly idea?

2 comments:

Jean said...

hope you're feeling better soon, canna! thanks for having ev over.

love,
aunt jean

tessa said...

pink cast? deja vu, huh? just like when she was a baby ;)

c-ana, you must really be my buddy, because I once broken my wrist right before swim season too! it will be off before you know it :) Hope you feel better.